Monday, February 15, 2010

Redemption

The Season of Lent is upon us.
A time to reflect on sins committed and ones that were committed against us. A time to reflect on the ACTION that was taken to take it all away!

A Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins.
Isaiah 59:20

I walk in freedom today, not because of something I have done, but because of something I was/am willing to receive....FORGIVENESS!


My daughter dancing in FREEDOM!


I, as a mom, am constantly telling my children to apologize and forgive each other, but how many times do I actually do this for myself? Not near as much as I instruct them too!!

The enemy has come to steal, kill and destroy! The enemy wants you to remember your short comings, failings and other sinful nature...God on the other hand has sent HIS son and HE has paid the price for us! Do you grasp that?? I sometimes don't either, however we should really think long and hard on this...hence the Season of Lent!

I heard something today and am still trying to wrap my mind around it..."When God looks at us, HE sees us as white as snow, because we are made clean by the blood of Christ!"

Think about this.

When we look in the mirror what do we see? Do we see the glory of the MOST HIGH reflected back? I know I don't, however I should if I truly believe that I have been saved by the BLOOD OF CHRIST!

That is exactly what the enemy wants us to not understand and receive!! THE GIFT OF EVERLASTING LIFE THROUGH CHRIST JESUS, NAILED ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS, WASHED BY HIS BLOOD, MADE HOLY BEFORE GOD!

We live in a fallen world, and we all have human sinful nature, and we all fall short of righteousness.

There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by HIS grace through the REDEMPTION that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of HIS BLOOD-to be received by faith.
Romans 3:22-25




My challenge this Lenten season is WALK in this gift of SAVING GRACE, to accept the forgiveness and the NEW LIFE that Jesus so selflessly given me, to re-CLAIM my freedom and stand firm against the enemy!! Won't you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.