Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Seasons



Fall is my most favorite time of year.

I love the colors. I like watching the process of the change. Watching the sunlight just light a tree on fire.





Trees have always fascinated me. The bark, the leaves, the branches...I can stare at trees all day and not get bored! My mom would even tell me to go and hug a tree on a bad day...she knew me better than I knew myself at times.



There are so many references to trees and GOD in the Bible...I can't help but think that GOD really likes trees too!!

Last year was my first year to experience the "change of colors", and I was so taken by the process. This year, I am not so heavy of heart. I see blazing colors dancing in the sunlight. I see the wind dancing with the leaves. I see life transforming.





I suspect that as we grow in faith and life, the same seasons take on different meanings each year. I am no different than any of you. GOD writes HIS message throughout HIS creation. We just have to have our eyes open to see it, our ears ready to hear HIS voice, and our hearts open to receive HIS love.

Enjoy the passing of the torch, from abundant supply to the quite rest of winter. Renew your soul and let the wind take the old away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.