Monday, November 1, 2010

Cleaning Closets (not what you think)

Clash of the Titans comes to mind..

A battle raging, hearts breaking and a feeling of losing control.

I revisit here.

A friend of mine described grief as a closet in the hallway, a closet you store lots of things in. Boxes upon boxes neatly and tightly packed in. Once in a while a box will fall out, sometimes two, and you put them back in with no problems. But then, there are those times when the door flies open and every last little item comes sprawling out. And each thing requires looking at and slowly storing it away again.

This is that time. Not as messy as in past years, but messy just the same.

It doesn't help that I am far away from family or that my little brother is moving to AFRICA for FOUR years or that because of finances I cannot hop on a plane and hug my parents when ever I want!!!

So, I have been having a pity party...they are lonely because no one else wants to come.

Jesus didn't have pity parties when he was so far from home.

Jesus didn't sit and wait when he couldn't just hop on a cloud and hug his Dad.

Jesus invited friends to walk with him.

Do you have a closet?

Don't sit alone, invite Jesus to sort with you and you may find that during the sorting you find joy in the most unusual places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.