Sunday, January 17, 2010

Discipline or Attack

Have you ever wondered if you were under attack from the enemy?

Have you ever felt the correcting hand of God?

How do you know the difference between the two?

The path that HE has me on is one that resembles the previous questions! The problem is knowing when the correcting ends and an attack has begun...

Simply put, the enemy knows all to well my bad habits and that God wants to rid me of them...so, the enemy sets snares to catch me...and of course I trip and start to second guess the path.



The Israelites had the same problem. What should have been an eleven day journey took forty years, why? Because they simply could not follow directions. God laid out the rules and the enemy went right to work at shifting the perspective of the people. The enemy planted seeds of fear, pride, and want and let the people do the rest of the work for him...

Are we not the same today?? I know that I am. The rules have not changed, the seeds of fear, pride and want are not new either...and yet we still fall for them all the time.

Our perspective changes and we see correction as an attack and assume that we will be set free from the trial...however, the trial is there to refine us, renew us, and reshape us into the being we are meant to be; we miss the lesson and the trial continues and the enemy smiles and confusion sets in again...

The good news, God never leaves us the way we were...and slowly we start to get the picture!! I am just praying that it is not a forty year journey...one year will do thank you, okay maybe I need one or two more lessons... {faint smile}!


Here is to being quick learners!! God bless each one of you on your own journey in the desert!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.