Friday, January 8, 2010

The Red Sea

God does not waste time when you step out in faith.

I was bold in naming this year, an idea I got from another traveler on this path of faith. Did not fully grasp that boldness until four days later.

The first Monday of this year, my mother-in-law was told she has cancer. As I am writing this, I am waiting to hear what kind, what stage, what process will be taken, and a whole bunch of other what's...ACTION in deed!



The eating healthy, exercise thing is so not happening, however the spiritual disciplines are in high gear!

Exodus 14:11-12, the Israelites were complaining to Moses about being led to the desert to die.."What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? Leave us alone..." I am having the same feelings of late, God what are you doing to us? The financial situation,(okay that one is our own fault) the lack of church family and now this...really I ALMOST want to scream leave us alone, but I cannot for I know HIS ways are not my ways...

The very next verse in Exodus says.."Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today." ACTION in face of our fears is not always running back to the familiar, but STANDING FIRM in the unknown and watching for the deliverance that WILL come.

My Friends, I hope that if you find yourselves in a whirlwind of STUFF that you STAND FIRM and know that you know the LORD will part the Red Sea and make a path for you.

I am standing at the edge of the Sea and the enemy is approaching from behind at great speed but my eyes can see the wonders all around me. I know that I know the sea will part and I will walk through this, at my husband's side, and we will entire into the promise land the LORD has set aside for us. FREE by HIS grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.