Sunday, June 7, 2009

A lesson for myself

Well, it is Sunday morning...coffee, nice breeze, birds singing and sunshine...


We were originally going to be on the road this morning, but as life would have it, things change and schedules are adjusted and I have been given a beautiful Sunday morning to relax!


There are those whose cannot, do not, and sometimes just refuse to "go with the flow", and become angry in the delays or interruptions. I do feel sorry for these people, as I was once one of them...I missed so many blessings being angry and frustrated!


Take for instance, when you are trying to get somewhere in a hurry and you continue to make wrong turns, detours or delays..instead of being upset, I thank God for saving me from something that was perhaps not the best for me...it takes practice..but eventually the blessings are so easy to see and enjoy; and it is much healthier for you too!

This is a two part post...this is what happened shortly after writing the above:

We received a call to show the house between 2-4 at noon...all fine and good...house was clean just needed to be picked up.

One child went to the neighbors, husband took the other to swim and I took the dogs and boat which was okay until I allowed "myself" to start thinking about "me"...Satan's favorite time to attack!!

It was hot, I was tired and it seemed like nobody cared about "me" except me...first mistake! Kinda started a pity party...four o'clock came and I went home, received another call ...the people for the first showing did not come and now wanted to come at 5:00....I was angry to say the least...ya know the kind of angry where all you can do is cry, that was were I was!! So now back into the truck with the dogs and pulling the boat, said a few words to the husband that should not have been said and realized I was on the previously mentioned field trip...yikes!!

Why is it that when we feel the most "spiritual", like this morning when I began this post, we get sidelined? Paul wrote to the Romans: I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it, I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. But there is GOOD NEWS!! With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Romans 7:17-20 If it were not for the saving GRACE of Jesus Christ, I still might be angry, fighting with my husband and just a mess...as it is, I have a slight headache and a knowledge that I am still learning; and I did to keep practicing what I preach!!

Tomorrow is another day and God willing, a new chance to do better and become more like His son Jesus Christ!!

May the peace of the Lord be with you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.