Thursday, October 14, 2010

Decisions

My heart has been so close to bursting the last few days. It teeters between joy and pain.

So much is going on, and yet, at the same time, GOD is so very present.

Have you been here? Struggling with decisions, hoping you are making the right ones, knowing someone is going to get hurt either way?

The past two years have been full of decisions like this, and there are still ones to be made. It has not been easy. Most don't understand. Some would rather not really know. It makes the decision making ever so lonely. {sigh}

I am tired. My husband is tired. My children are tired. But we push on, knowing that GOD has a plan. THE BEST is waiting for us. And we know we are walking in HIS word and HIS ways.



When you decided to follow CHRIST, it was not a one time decision. Jesus, himself, said you have to daily pick up your cross and follow me. (Luke 9:23) It is a daily decision. It is not an automatic like breathing, though there are days that it is, most days require choice...either to FULLY follow or not.

The world as made so many exceptions, that most of us are not really sure if we are FULLY following or not...it is a touchy subject. However, if you believe that the complete Bible is the TRUTH, the WORD of GOD, then you just have to look in the mirror and ask...Do I follow in the footsteps of CHRIST?

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30

1 comment:

  1. "Some would rather not really know. It makes the decision making ever so lonely. {sigh}"

    I know the feeling. There was a (long, muli-year)season where I had to put one foot in front of the other -- and I didn't even feel that confident I was making the right decisions. Your faith friends know what you're talking about... it does feel lonely. There is a peace, even behind the stress, that what is happening MUST have a purpose, because you are a follower of Christ. It may be hidden and that is why it feels lonely.

    I'm SO glad you added this to the jam. This is a beautiful picture of faith -- and you are shining in it, Jean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a word of encouragement...I truly consider it a blessing that you have spent the time reading my scribbles in the sand.